If you were one of the lucky ones who got to see Disney on Ice as a kid, you might remember dramatic light shows, fireworks, and the evil witches and queens scaring the crap out of you.
Not so with Disney on Ice: Let’s Celebrate, the latest version of the classic show. Much to this mom’s relief, the show’s fun party theme was a delight to watch from start to finish, even when the “bad guys” strolled onto the ice for a trick-or-treating party.
- Oliver refusing to open his eyes until seconds after the music started
- Ariel – Oliver’s favorite. Somebody is SO getting an Ariel doll for his birthday.
- The swanky jazz tunes thanks to The Princess and the Frog
- Ursula’s absence – I’ve promised Oliver over and over that the “big lady octopus” can’t get him because she has to stay in big water. I had no plan for how I was going to explain her suddenly appearing on the ice in skates.
- Amazing talent – seriously, this is where former Olympians go to kick back and have fun
Our only complaint:
- It was REALLY loud! Oliver had his ears plugged for the entire second half.
Anytime Disney does anything – go. Just go. It’s Disney’s world and I am more than happy to be living in it.
At the Lola Red World Headquarters, we consider music a necessity—along with coffee and dogs of course! We don’t just enjoy a little background noise… we like it loud! In any given day the playlist changes from old–school jams to summertime country hits. However, here are a few of our faves that resonate no matter what the day has in store.
Come and Get It- Selena Gomez
Women’s World- Cher
We Can’t Stop- Miley Cyrus
Run the World- Beyonce
Call Your Girlfriend- Robyn
It seemed preposterous to think our new office space could be any more fun, but when boss brought in the Sonos Wireless HiFi Sound System, we were all smitten.
Our team connects to the wireless speaker through a free app that we can download to our computers or phones. Then we use Spotify Premium, Pandora, SiriusXM, iTunes, and many other music sources, to pump our favorite jams.
What’s the downfall? We’re all fighting over who gets control of the music choices for the day. Check out a glimpse into a musical day at Lola Red PR with this playlist. (Warning: not all tunes are appropriate for all ages and/or haters of Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj and Robyn.)
Until next time…play it loud and proud.
It’s time to raise your glass to Suja Juices, the newest line of organic juice to hit the shelves at Whole Foods. Suja, which means “long, beautiful life” in Hindu, packs tons of greens, roots, fruits and herbs into a raw, cold-pressed beverage to keep you balanced and hydrated.
So, why should you trade your glass of vino for a glass of greens? Think of it this way: just like you need a vacation from your hectic day-to-day life, so does your body’s internal system. Suja’s three different juice cleanses and six different lifestyle packages replenish your body and can be delivered directly to your door.
Can’t wait to try Suja out? Head to your local Whole Foods to pick up the deliciously fresh juices.
P.S. Our discovery of our new fave juices wouldn’t have been possible without the help of Beauty Bets. (Thanks girl!)
Until next time…bottoms up.
They can be seen on shoes, purses, coats, and even fingernails. Studs are the finest things that have happened to clothing and accessories since Justin Timberlake bedazzled his bandana. And just like the gems on J.T.’s headwear, studs are easy to DIY.
What you need:
- An item that needs jazzing up
- Studs or spikes of any shape and size (check out Studs & Spikes for tons of options)
- Usually flat and can come in many different shapes, sizes and textures
- Don’t need any equipment to apply just push the stud’s prongs through the fabric and fold over using your fingers
- If your fingers can start to get sore, use a needle-nosed pliers to arrange studs on your item
- Usually have a “screwback” which helps secure the spike in place
- Need to punch a hole in the item in order to secure the spike, so it’s important to be able to have access to the inside or back of the item
- Can use your own hands or a screwdriver to screw the spike in place
Until next time…stud your duds.
It’s official, the winter months are descending upon us. Let’s face it, it’s hard to look hot when it’s cold outside. Thank the fashion gods for ALL Knitwear, which will keep you stylishly warm for the winter.
We love the classic knit stocking hats that are $48 a piece at the online hat shop. They come in a variety of colors and patterns with unique hand-made poms for each style. The hats can be paired with jeans, a down vest, and boots to spend a warm day out in the cool elements.
Annie Larson, founder of ALL Knitwear, had not knit a single stitch until 2009. Once she started, she was hooked. She quit her job and devoted all of her time to launching ALL Knitwear, which now has an online store featuring Annie’s knit sweaters and hats. We don’t know where our heads would be without Annie and ALL Knitwear.
Until next time…stay cool by keeping warm.
The perfect blush can be hard to come by. Celebrities have taken their cheeks to a new unnatural level and unfortunately, many fans have followed suit. From the Kardashians to Christina Aguilera, the cheek has become too pink, too red or too shimmery. What ever happened to wearing a blush that highlights your natural bone structure?
Here are some ideas to getting back to a blush that is 100 percent you.
- Smashbox’s O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Color—this gel goes on clear and reacts with your own personal skin chemistry to create a customized flush of rosy color.
- Stila’s Custom Color Blush—this one-shade-fits-all powder blush comes in coral, pink or bronze and reacts with your pH for a perfect hue highlight.
- Benefit’s Benetint—created for an exotic dancer in the 1970s, this rose-tinted cheek stain can also be used on your lips. Transform your cheek with this sheer red liquid for a natural, sultry look.
Check out this video of makeup artist and connoisseur, Bobbi Brown, demonstrating the proper way to blush.
Until next time…stay cheeky.
It used to be all about the “Pin” to win, but now you can save a buck when you “Hukk.” The new social shopping site, Hukkster, allows you to Hukk full-priced items you love from your favorite online stores and the site will alert you via email or text when that product goes on sale.
There are definite similarities between Hukkster and Pinterest. You sign up to receive an invitation to the site, you bookmark the Hukk It button to easily save products, the products you Hukk are organized into lists, and you can share your lists with others.
So what’s the Hukkster-hype? Say goodbye to buyer’s remorse and the slew of daily emails from your favorite retailers. With Hukkster, you can compare prices by collecting your fave products from different online stores and putting them in one place; and you will only be alerted when something you’ve Hukked goes on sale. Hukkster is ideal for the upcoming holiday season as you can keep your eye on expensive gifts for family, friends or your honey!
Until next time…be a savvy shopper.
Ever been faced with the problem of having a closet full of clothes, but you still cannot find anything fabulous to wear? Rent the Runway solved this problem for millions of women by offering designer dresses and jewelry rentals at 90 percent off retail prices. The popularity of the service spawned the new social shopping platform, Our Runway, which turns Rent the Runway customers into models.
Potential renters can filter through dresses by filling in their own height, bust size, body type and age to reveal photos of similarly-shaped customers donning Rent the Runway dresses in profiles called moments. Each real life moment includes a photo of the dress, a review, how the customer styled the look and how to purchase the item.
Share your own moment now and live like a model without the diet and long hours.
Until next time…strike a pose.