It seemed preposterous to think our new office space could be any more fun, but when boss brought in the Sonos Wireless HiFi Sound System, we were all smitten.
Our team connects to the wireless speaker through a free app that we can download to our computers or phones. Then we use Spotify Premium, Pandora, SiriusXM, iTunes, and many other music sources, to pump our favorite jams.
What’s the downfall? We’re all fighting over who gets control of the music choices for the day. Check out a glimpse into a musical day at Lola Red PR with this playlist. (Warning: not all tunes are appropriate for all ages and/or haters of Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj and Robyn.)
Until next time…play it loud and proud.
It’s time to raise your glass to Suja Juices, the newest line of organic juice to hit the shelves at Whole Foods. Suja, which means “long, beautiful life” in Hindu, packs tons of greens, roots, fruits and herbs into a raw, cold-pressed beverage to keep you balanced and hydrated.
So, why should you trade your glass of vino for a glass of greens? Think of it this way: just like you need a vacation from your hectic day-to-day life, so does your body’s internal system. Suja’s three different juice cleanses and six different lifestyle packages replenish your body and can be delivered directly to your door.
Can’t wait to try Suja out? Head to your local Whole Foods to pick up the deliciously fresh juices.
P.S. Our discovery of our new fave juices wouldn’t have been possible without the help of Beauty Bets. (Thanks girl!)
Until next time…bottoms up.
They can be seen on shoes, purses, coats, and even fingernails. Studs are the finest things that have happened to clothing and accessories since Justin Timberlake bedazzled his bandana. And just like the gems on J.T.’s headwear, studs are easy to DIY.
What you need:
- An item that needs jazzing up
- Studs or spikes of any shape and size (check out Studs & Spikes for tons of options)
- Usually flat and can come in many different shapes, sizes and textures
- Don’t need any equipment to apply just push the stud’s prongs through the fabric and fold over using your fingers
- If your fingers can start to get sore, use a needle-nosed pliers to arrange studs on your item
- Usually have a “screwback” which helps secure the spike in place
- Need to punch a hole in the item in order to secure the spike, so it’s important to be able to have access to the inside or back of the item
- Can use your own hands or a screwdriver to screw the spike in place
Until next time…stud your duds.
It’s official, the winter months are descending upon us. Let’s face it, it’s hard to look hot when it’s cold outside. Thank the fashion gods for ALL Knitwear, which will keep you stylishly warm for the winter.
We love the classic knit stocking hats that are $48 a piece at the online hat shop. They come in a variety of colors and patterns with unique hand-made poms for each style. The hats can be paired with jeans, a down vest, and boots to spend a warm day out in the cool elements.
Annie Larson, founder of ALL Knitwear, had not knit a single stitch until 2009. Once she started, she was hooked. She quit her job and devoted all of her time to launching ALL Knitwear, which now has an online store featuring Annie’s knit sweaters and hats. We don’t know where our heads would be without Annie and ALL Knitwear.
Until next time…stay cool by keeping warm.
The perfect blush can be hard to come by. Celebrities have taken their cheeks to a new unnatural level and unfortunately, many fans have followed suit. From the Kardashians to Christina Aguilera, the cheek has become too pink, too red or too shimmery. What ever happened to wearing a blush that highlights your natural bone structure?
Here are some ideas to getting back to a blush that is 100 percent you.
- Smashbox’s O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Color—this gel goes on clear and reacts with your own personal skin chemistry to create a customized flush of rosy color.
- Stila’s Custom Color Blush—this one-shade-fits-all powder blush comes in coral, pink or bronze and reacts with your pH for a perfect hue highlight.
- Benefit’s Benetint—created for an exotic dancer in the 1970s, this rose-tinted cheek stain can also be used on your lips. Transform your cheek with this sheer red liquid for a natural, sultry look.
Check out this video of makeup artist and connoisseur, Bobbi Brown, demonstrating the proper way to blush.
Until next time…stay cheeky.
It used to be all about the “Pin” to win, but now you can save a buck when you “Hukk.” The new social shopping site, Hukkster, allows you to Hukk full-priced items you love from your favorite online stores and the site will alert you via email or text when that product goes on sale.
There are definite similarities between Hukkster and Pinterest. You sign up to receive an invitation to the site, you bookmark the Hukk It button to easily save products, the products you Hukk are organized into lists, and you can share your lists with others.
So what’s the Hukkster-hype? Say goodbye to buyer’s remorse and the slew of daily emails from your favorite retailers. With Hukkster, you can compare prices by collecting your fave products from different online stores and putting them in one place; and you will only be alerted when something you’ve Hukked goes on sale. Hukkster is ideal for the upcoming holiday season as you can keep your eye on expensive gifts for family, friends or your honey!
Until next time…be a savvy shopper.
Ever been faced with the problem of having a closet full of clothes, but you still cannot find anything fabulous to wear? Rent the Runway solved this problem for millions of women by offering designer dresses and jewelry rentals at 90 percent off retail prices. The popularity of the service spawned the new social shopping platform, Our Runway, which turns Rent the Runway customers into models.
Potential renters can filter through dresses by filling in their own height, bust size, body type and age to reveal photos of similarly-shaped customers donning Rent the Runway dresses in profiles called moments. Each real life moment includes a photo of the dress, a review, how the customer styled the look and how to purchase the item.
Share your own moment now and live like a model without the diet and long hours.
Until next time…strike a pose.
From the company that brought hippie chic back with Free People, Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie, comes a different concept: terrain. The only non-clothing store owned by the company, terrain is a home and garden store meant to inspire customers to experience their lives by using all of their senses. Not a garden enthusiast? The store has a little something for everyone.
- For the garden: you’ll find plants and terrariums galore. The site also features limited edition plants such as the Mounted Staghorn Fern.
- For the home: indoor furniture, outdoor furniture, kitchen supplies and lighting are just a few items that you can find. It also has table books like Kinfolk, which features essays, photographs and paintings from artists who enjoy spending time with loved ones.
- For yourself: sunglasses, jewelry, bags, scarves and hats. terrain will accessorize you completely.
- For a friend: thank you gifts, wedding gifts or just because gifts, terrain has a ton of great gift ideas like John & Kira’s Chocolate Bees, which are hand-painted in colored cocoa butter with liquid salted caramel and fragrant basswood honey.
If you’re lucky enough to live near Glen Mills, Pennsylvania or Westport, Connecticut, experience the aura of terrain for yourself from its restaurant to its garden. If not, all of these items and more are accessible to all through the website, www.shopterrain.com.
What is everyone gossiping about these day? Nail trends. Even E! used a ManiCam on the Emmy’s 2012 red carpet so stars could show off their fabulous manicures. The most recent hype has surrounded the UK brand, Ciaté, and its luxurious paint pots.
The brand took off with their Caviar Manicure, which is currently available in Rainbow, Black Pearls or Mother of Pearls. The look is flawlessly extravagant and can be accomplished in five easy steps.
- Choose one nail to focus on. Apply two coats of the enclosed paint pot shade
- Place your finger over a plate or tray and sprinkle the Caviar pearls over your wet nail
- Once your nail is completely covered, press the breads into your nail bed to ensure durability
- Repeat with each nail
- Once you are finished applying the beads, wait 15-20 minutes for your Caviar-manicured nails to dry completely
Ciaté also makes a Velvet Manicure in colors such as Berry Poncho, Mink Cashmere and Blue Suede. This will look great on nails for the winter season and is just as easy to apply as the Caviar Manicure. Both are available at Sephora or Nordstrom, along with other Ciaté nail polish colors.
What’s on the horizon for Ciaté? Rumor is a Sequined Manicure will be released in time for the 2012 holiday season.
Until next time…live luxuriously.